Pages

07 October 2012

Finding Obituaries

Using obituaries can be very helping in finding spouses, brothers, sisters and children. By looking at the date of the obituary it will give clues where to look for other living relatives and it will also give insight into those who has passed away.

Here are some websites that have searchable obituary listings. They may or may not have the full obituary but once you know the date and the location you can contact the local library and ask them for a copy for a nominal fee.


  • Legacy.com - searchable Social Security Death Index (SSDI) and Obituaries. You can also have an email sent daily or weekly with obituaries that contain your surnames that you are searching.
  • Cyndi's List - Everything under the sun. This one is a must see.
There are others that will allow you to search for free but to view them requires a credit card and a short 7 to 14 day free trial. Their prices range from $29.95 to $49.95 a year. I just can't bring myself to do this. Some days I think I chose the wrong profession. 

Anyway I will add more when I can find more. I am always available for more information if you have any that I haven't listed send me a message.

Happy searching!



No comments:

Post a Comment